View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 01:00 PM   #97
Superman Prime
In All Conscience

Default Re: Anticipation for Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime029 View Post
It could have been due to the \S/ itself sure, it could have been a combination, or not at all. I thought we were discussing Legendary here, and if the budget is lowered and possible sequel includes more action and a supervillian, how could Legendary not make money?
The B.O. results, and the DVD sales have everything to do with it. It's not unheard of for big money-makers to get cold feet and shove off the deal. Maybe the villains and action will attract more fans. All I can say, is it had better be a damned good trailer to enforce the promise and intoxicate the crowds.

Quote:
Many were disappointed? Define many?
People love throwing this site around, so I'll give it a try.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/superman_returns/

76% .... Let's compare that to two other classic characters.

Batman Begins: 84% (+8)
Spider-Man 2: 93% (+17)

For a Superman movie, it didn't meet the mark. That might be subjective, but we have to stop and ask ourselves: "Why wasn't it received better?"

Quote:
This is all speculation anyway. It will all be revealed soon enough and we can talk facts rather than speculation.
True.

Let me make this clear. This upcoming generation looks fantastic compared to the those that condoned racism, started a bunch of needless wars, ruined the economy, and continue to ignore global warming. The 20 and 30 somethings are living the sins of their fathers and grandfathers.
Superman Prime is offline   Reply With Quote