View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 05:11 PM   #42
He-Man
Side-Kick

Default Re: Luke Cage: Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1 View Post
Hollywood is dumb and scared. If it hasn't been done before, they won't do it. Sony's not going to spend a dime on Luke Cage unless someone comes and shows them that a black superhero has crossover appeal, just like someone had to show people black sci-fi heroes have crossover appeal and black action heroes have crossover appeal. You should've seen the crap on Will Smith's Pursuit of Happyness. Studios wouldn't bother releasing it worldwide because no one had come and shown them that black people can sell movies.

It's retarted and indicative of the spineless idocy of our society.
Black movies can sale but you're right about studios being scared of taking chances. The movie Stomp The Yard cost Sony 13 mil to make it made 62 mil(just an example). So if Luke Cage does get made its going to be on a very low budget and not as some kind of big budget block buster superhero flick.

I might be misunderstanding what you're saying about the Pursuit of Happyness though. It was released worldwide. It actually made over 300 mil worldwide according to boxofficemojo. Will Smith is on an entirely different level than other black actors (as far as crossover appeal). He's has a proven track record of making studios money so they will support films that he's in. Other black actors not so much.