View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 04:45 AM   #6
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

Default Re: Superman the Movie = STILL the greatest superhero movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Roegele View Post
Simple as that. And I think if you asked Sam Raimi or Bryan Singer, they'd agree.

Your arguement is infallible (No sarcasm intended). Often imitated never duplicated (Nolan, Raimi, Singer, Johnson I'm looking at the lot of you).

From the class of Marlon Brando's Jor-El, the grace of Lara, the soothing presence of Martha, the goofyness of Ned Beatty's Otis, the diabolical and self parodying nature Gene Hackman ot, of course the charm, herioc presence of Christopher reeve's Superman the performances are perfect. Not a bad one in the whole film.

Also I'm fascinated by Krypton in the film. By all rights the pace is a barren wasteland, but it's so beautiful. I spend alot of spare time pondering what that place was like to live on. It's probably why I love Superman Returns so much, because it goes into a touch more detail and New Krypton island wa just as fascinating as Krypton itself. Even Kal-El's grey flight suit in Returns is cool as I'm interested to see where he got that and his traditional suit from. All that steemed from S:TM.

Then there was the music. My Zod what a heavenly overture. Da da da da da SU-PER-MAN.... The Planet Kryton is easily one of if not the the greatest peice of music ever. It's like sex really.