View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 09:18 AM   #16
Brand
Side-Kick

Default Re: Official WOLVERINE discussion thread

Okay, I'm going to make my one post and hopefully you'll never see me in this thread again. Here are the reasons I don't like Wolverine, the main ones off the top of my head anyway.

Obviously, the overexposure is disgusting, especially to someone who doesn't like him. I'm glad Whedon has toned him down to a manageable level. Heck, I don't even have a problem with the Logan in AXM. But I'm a Spidey fan as well, and I can't even read New Avengers because he's been relegated to a background character while Logan once more shines in the spotlight.

He's written as being far more powerful than he is. What I mean by that is several things. First is the healing factor, which has just gotten completely out of hand. Logan should be dead by now, plain and simple. And it gets tiresome watching him get hurt over and over just to instantly heal right back up. Another is his actual strength. Logan is always shown as being able to cut through anything that gets in his way. The adamantium makes him a bit stronger, but not that strong. I believe he was rated at 800 pounds last I saw, but it doesn't really matter. To cut through really hard materials, you don't just need a really sharp, strong object, you need sufficient strength as well. Logan doesn't have it. Give a child a knife and see what he or she can and can't cut through. On second thought, don't.

The final major issue I have with the character, and what initially caused me to dislike him, is his apparent attractiveness to almost every female in the MU. I grew up a JOTT fan, and it disgusted me that Jean could be attracted to this hairy little runt when she was supposed to be in love with Scott. As if that wasn't bad enough, apparently Marvel decided Logan has a fetish for redheads and spent a little time trying for Mary Jane Parker, wife of Spider-Man. Apparently Logan doesn't have any problem with going after the wives of his teammates as long as they're redheaded and attractive. Kind of shows what a hypocrite he is with that whole honor thing.

I'm sure I could think of some smaller things that I don't like about the guy if I wanted, and I didn't even touch on Movieverse, but I'll turn this back over to the people who actually like the guy unless my points are directly addressed. Just wanted to get my 2 cents in.

Brand is offline   Reply With Quote