View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 04:27 PM   #13
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon

Default Re: If MOS gets made and is a great film... Will people revisit SR and like/hate it m

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaT_tONle View Post
JLA Movie Update
Questions remain over Superman sequel.
by Stax

US, June 24, 2007 - The live-action Justice League of America movie took another step towards becoming a reality earlier this month when the screenplay for the highly anticipated comic book movie was handed in to Warner Bros.

According to Variety, spouses-screenwriting partners Kieran Mulroney and Michele Mulroney delivered their draft to the studio, which was reportedly pleased with it. The trade says the Mulroneys' script includes "a half-dozen of the best-known superheroes working together, including Batman and Superman."

The JLA project, however, poses a bit of a problem for Warners as they must decide whether they will release a JLA movie before the next Superman movie.

Variety asks, "Will a souped-up Justice League prove to be Kryptonite to Superman?" The trade seems to be a bit schizophrenic on the JLA/Superman sequel issue. Variety itself began the Superman sequel doom and gloom last summer when it reported that the sequel was not a sure thing considering Superman Returns' lukewarm domestic box office. Then, when the online community rumored that the Super-sequel might be shelved in favor of JLA, the trade blasted the claims, saying, "Assertion would be on a par with saying Sony or Paramount would put their respective Spider-Man and Indiana Jones properties into turnaround." Now the same paper is asking, "Will superteam eclipse Superman sequel?"

In any case it appears to now be a legitimate concern since Superman director Bryan Singer is about to shoot Valkyrie and there's still no screenplay for the Super-sequel.

WTF???? MOS to get cut??? WB needs a smack in the face if this is true

I'm really glad IGN picked up on the flip flopping Variety did on this story. They started it, then denied it, then started it again.

...Or when your hands are cold, you rub them together, you see, that's good, that feels good! There's so many good things! But you're not here - I'm here. I wish you were here. I wish you could talk to me. 'Cause I'm a friend. - Peter Falk (Wings of Desire)
Lighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote