View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 08:15 PM   #23
LexLuthor
Side-Kick

Default Re: If MOS gets made and is a great film... Will people revisit SR and like/hate it m

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
IMO, I feel this kid was one of the worst ideas ever put in a comic book film. It has really dampened my hopes for the sequel. I just can't get too excited knowing part of this movie will have to deal with the development of this character which I have absolutely 0% interest in. Also, the kid will lose a lot of his cute factor in the next film as he will be 3-4 years older which will make the whole father and son relationship between him and Superman look even stranger for me(as I thought Brandon was just way too young looking for a returns and being a father story in SR).

To have this kid introduced/thrusted in a soap opera who's your daddy type atmosphere is a total turn off to me. Sure, it creates drama, but is it the right drama and tone for a Superman movie, I don't think it is. MOS would have to be a ridiculously fantastic movie for me to really like SR and appreciate how certain storylines were set up. I don't see it happening though. I'm so up and down on this movie but lately this movie has really soured on me. Real estate Lex, the kid, the storylines, I just don't care enough about them to really want a sequel to them. It's why I just don't have the high hopes for MOS even if by some miracle we get a new villain who isn't Zod.

Cosigned.

“our habitual patterns and un-resourceful behaviors exist only as long as we
do nothing to change them. recognize them, arrest them, interrupt them, and replace them, and life will change for the better.” joseph mcclendon III
LexLuthor is offline   Reply With Quote