View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 02:27 PM   #30
Iron_Mang

Default Re: The official G1 purist thread.

I think alot of you have good points. Yes the show was produced to sell toys , but , it was so well conceived it became something 'more' to many of us, and still is I'd say. Like Star Trek it was a huge sci fi hit that has stood the test of time because it had great characters in stories that were exciting and new while teaching a moral, good stuff. But being honest , like Star Trek , not every episode was a winner, some were pretty weak. BUT the characters were well thought out and likeable, especially the villains. Like comics they got it right by creating the coolest array of villains ever. Megatron, Shockwave, Starscream,Soundwave, even the cassettes were fun to watch and listen too. And personally while I think BW was a good pretender of the original, everything after was predictable and watered down, lacking all the good qualities that made the original great. Reusing or rehashing established storylines and character names is a sloppy, lazy and pathetic way to make a new tv show, comic, or movie, all the same reasons I hate Ultimate Marvel continuity. An insult to the audience . You'd think they'd try harder to woo the hand that feeds them.

Last edited by Iron_Mang; 06-29-2007 at 02:34 PM. Reason: misspelling and re-wording