View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 11:52 PM   #72
ShadowBoxing
Banned User

Default Re: The official G1 purist thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchirpa View Post
If G1 is not an ongoing-lore, why the comics and reimagined animated series still exists?
As reboots and relaunches that appeal to a very small market. IDW isn't a huge comic producer. And furthermore they aren't "ongoing". No comic (aside from G2) has ever built off G1 comics. This new IDW series will feature, for example, a Nightbeat who is not a headmaster, a Hot Rod who has a different alt mode, a Prowl that is a Nissan Z, and a Megatron that is a tank. In addition Galvatron is not Megatron upgraded this time around. So no, not ongoing.
Quote:
IIRC there will be Avengers vs Transformers comics coming this month. The said Transformers will be G1 characters, not BW characters.
And there is a Beast Wars ongoing in the works at IDW along with a new comic based on Transformers:animated and a comic based on "Heart of Steel" and other alternate Universe takes. Those aren't G1.
Quote:
What's my argument anyway? That the movie is largely based on G1? Check.
Largely, how so. Character names, and the Witwicky last name, and Peter Cullen aside. The plot - not G1. The character designs - not G1. The premise - not G1. The origin - not G1. The human supporting cast - not G1. The date of arrival - not 1984. The alt modes - not G1. So largely it's based on a brand new concept much like the last umpteen toylines and fictions produced by Hasbro. No surprise there.
Quote:
I stick to my point, pal. Not like you "the movie is based on BW, no Armada, no Energon, ah it's just not based on G1."
Learn to read. No one said it was based on Beast Wars. Both me and Lars said it was a film which encompasses the last 23 years of TF history. Energon, Armada, IDW, Dreamwave, Marvel, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Transformers, Japan continuities included. We even get a reference to "diaclone" in the movie. So, no both your straw man representation of our argument and your piss poor assertions are both sadly incorrect.
Quote:
Haha. And that dual gatling guns. ROLFMAO. Check your eyes to the nearest opthalmologist. I'm willing it's not your eyes that are damaged. It's your mind.
And you're getting a mod report for that. Learn to debate civilly.

ShadowBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote