View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 06:52 PM   #34
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Default Re: Should X-MEN Duplicate what Superman Returns Did?

Quote:
They do not need Scott, Storm, Rogue, or even Wolverine.
That would be the absolute KISS of death for X4. They HAVE to have at least two of those four back, preferably all of them.

I don't understand what eliminating the TOPLINERS does for an X4 sequel. I understand fans might want their favorites to shine, but you can't just eliminate two of the biggest actors, and characters from the trilogy. I mean, lets be serious here for a second. If Storm & Wolverine are gone, what other character can you realistically see leading a future X-Men sequel or X-Men team like the previous two, or even Scott has? Kitty? Bobby? Peter? Warren? I mean, that's pretty much it. Hank can't do it since he's in a higher position in the Government. You can't just introduce a new character and have them in the leader position and expect the audience to just accept it.

Quote:
The only people that need those four are fanboys or fangirls.
It's pretty much quite the opposite when it comes to Storm and especially Wolverine. Most fanboys are pretty sick of him, and a majority aren't in Storms corner either. But the reality is the general public absolutely ADORE Wolverine. At this points he's the SYMBOL for the X-Men, and they are growing on Storm too. And sadly, most of you don't understand that the general public outnumbers fanboys, fangirls, and message board posters by a TREMOUDOUS amount. They can't just cater to the whiney fanboy/girls. They have to cater the movie so that it appeals to people that have never followed the comics, or have seen an X-Men tv show before.

An X4 sequel w/o Wolverine or Storm would be a grave mistake by Fox.

Last edited by SuperT; 07-25-2007 at 07:00 PM.
SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote