View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 03:03 PM   #40
Mr. Socko
Side-Kick

Default Re: List of Things Batman Returns got Right/Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothamcentral View Post
I still don't why people think is not a sequel when there are very clear lines of dialogue that connect them. Dude, it's a sequel. Joel wanted Two Face to match the comics.
How is this? By making him a bumbling moron with a half purple barney face who wears cheetah stripes. If we're estimating by the comics, Burton and Billy Dee's version of Harvey Dent was far more faithful than Schumacher's "Happy Day Duh-Dah" version of Two Face. The only thing that's even different from William's Dent was his skin color. Joel's "Crazy Bones Jones" Two Face was changed in persona, psyche, personality, and given a ridiculously stupid look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothamcentral View Post
Yep! He sure did. The truth is when Billy Dee was cast nobody ready thought about Two Face. His role in Batman was so small that most people in the public won't really remember. Teeny? I'd say that was pretty big. What about the line where Robin say's "Your parent weren't killed my a maniac"? Face it dude, it is a sequel... just becuase it doesn't seem like one to you doesn't mean the rest of us think the same thing.

I want to gouge my eyeballs out whenever someone says this, when Billy Dee William's himself has said that he has read Batman comics and ONLY signed on because he was promised he would be able to play Two Face in a future movie. It was specifically stated in his contract, when Schumacher opted to use him for Tommy Lee Jones, Williams had to be paid a certain amount because he was promised the role of Two Face but didn't get it.

One of his most notable roles was in 1989's Batman as district attorney Harvey Dent. Williams originally took the role believing that it would land him in a sequel playing the supervillain Two-Face and arranged a pay or play contract in preparation for the role. However, the studio decided to pay the penalty fee instead when the time came for the third installment, Batman Forever in order cast to Tommy Lee Jones for the role.

This is also stated on the DVD.

Last edited by Mr. Socko; 10-26-2007 at 03:07 PM.
Mr. Socko is offline   Reply With Quote