View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 08:11 PM   #38
Havok83
Side-Kick

Default Re: Official Polaris Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
I certainly agree with you there. The X-Men are an elite group of mutants who are fighting to defend mutant rights. Being a mutant is the one unifying thing for all X-Men.

Cyke didn't kick Xavier out of the mansion because he betrayed them years ago, he kicked him out because as he said Xavier "wasn't one of them anymore". Emma said virtually the same thing to Lorna after she lost her X-gene that they didn't want her any more.
That makes them sound a bit racist and just like Magneto just with different methods. The team has acceptted non-mutant members in the past. Mimic, Longshot, Juggernaut, and have had many other non-mutant allies stay at the mansion

Quote:
Returning Lorna's X-gene could become a big story line point in 3 or 4 years, because Magneto is certain to eventually try to find a way to reactivate mutants X-genes
Like I said, I dont even think it matters with her as she has her powers back. What differences does it make how she got them when she is being written the exact same way with no difference in how her powers are portrayed? Lorna being depowered was only a plot point to show one current X-man at the time, losing their powers. She just happened to be the one chose but that was quickly fixxed. Reactivating the X-gene is only significant for those who are still depowered and havent been blessed as Lorna has. I dont see how it will change things or make a difference for her character, one way or the other

Last edited by Havok83; 03-13-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote