View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 10:44 PM   #54
Havok83
Side-Kick

Default Re: Official Polaris Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
IAlso, have you ever noticed that Lorna is shown to always need a man in her life to give her purpose. She broke down mentally and emotionally after she thought Havok died and lived in a room with some of Havok's clothes and would talk to his clothes, hug them, and sleep with them. Magneto had to bring her to Genosha to break her out of it and give her life purpose again.
Yes and it makes me sick. Ever since she was created they have ALWAYS had her lean on a man. Whether its Bobby, Alex or Magneto, she cant stand on her own two feet without falling apart without a man by her side. Late X-factor seemed to be one of the few times she was single and actually doing well for herself. I really wish they wouldnt write her so weak. She's arguably one of the strongest mutants out there and its ironic how weak her character is in spite of that

I guess overall one thing Ive disliked about the way Lorna has been handled over the years is how inconsistent she's been. Its hard to get a feel for her and her character when they are always changing her up. For the most part, you know who Storm, Rogue, Emma, Jean, etc... are bc their personalities tend to stay consistent based on different writing but not Lorna as she's all over the place. Since returning she's been written by Morrison, Austen, Milligan, Brubaker and Yost. Each of their versions of Lorna was different. Milligan and Brubakers probably being the most similiar but then again they wrote her so generic that the character they called Lorna could have been anyone. I wish someone would see something in her and really take an interest in her and write the definitive version of Lorna.

Last edited by Havok83; 03-17-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote