View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 07:54 PM   #25
YJ1
Armed and Dangerous

Thumbs down Re: LAME: the new iron-man cartoons are about a teen iron-man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strugler View Post
I am really so freaking sick of this lets take the superheroes to teenage years formula!
its ok for spiderman to be a teenager since the story in the lee ditko comics started with spidey in high school, but its so damn stupid and direspectful to characters like iron man to show him as a teenage superhero.

Whats next? A preschool hulk ? or a middle school thor animated series

Thats just messed up i hope this series gets canceled such a disrespect to marvel characters
I guess Marvel is only concerned about using animation to lure in uninitiated kids. I understand their objective but why do they have to do it at the expense of the fans they already have? One thing I know is that kids don't like being talked down to. Making dumb-down kiddie crap won't win over any new fans. It's also limited thinking. Kids turned on by the movie aren't going to like a completely different cartoon version.

The new kiddie Spider-Man is awful. Anime and goofy Fantastic Four was a flop. Why not make intelligent animation based off the actual storylines from the books? X-Men did this in a water-downed way and it was a hit in the 90's. Quit gearing everything for eight year olds and you'll be surprised at how many kids will be attracted to the product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan72 View Post
OMG its the Crossing all over again!!!!
Yes, by all means, let's return the character to his lowest point in the past 40 years.

YJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote