View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 04:39 PM   #59
Blade X
Side-Kick

Default Re: LAME: the new iron-man cartoons are about a teen iron-man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJ1 View Post
I guess Marvel is only concerned about using animation to lure in uninitiated kids. I understand their objective but why do they have to do it at the expense of the fans they already have? One thing I know is that kids don't like being talked down to. Making dumb-down kiddie crap won't win over any new fans. It's also limited thinking. Kids turned on by the movie aren't going to like a completely different cartoon version.

The new kiddie Spider-Man is awful. Anime and goofy Fantastic Four was a flop. Why not make intelligent animation based off the actual storylines from the books? X-Men did this in a water-downed way and it was a hit in the 90's. Quit gearing everything for eight year olds and you'll be surprised at how many kids will be attracted to the product.
1. The fans that Marvel already have are a shrinking and dying fan base. It's by appealing exclusively to the existing and shrinking older teen and adult readership over the last 10 years why Marvel (and DC) comic sales have fallen so damn low.

2. Just because they are making this version of Iron Man a teenager, DOES NOT mean that they will be talking down to the audience. We have no proof that this show will be "dumb-down kiddie crap".

3. The new SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN cartoon is GREAT. And while the show is aimed at kids, just like the other previous Spidey cartoons (except for the MTV Spider-Man series), it is NOT dumbed down. And remember, in the ORIGINAL comics, Spidey started out as a high school student.

4. The recent FF cartoon was only a flop in the States, but it was a HUGE hit everywhere else around the world.

5. I agree with you that making Tony a teenager in this new series is a bad/stupid idea.

Blade X is offline   Reply With Quote