View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 08:15 AM   #109
I Heart Amazons
Default Re: List of Things Batman Returns got Right/Wrong

Originally Posted by Parents-Gun-Bat View Post
Yesyesyes, these things we always hear. It's not the killing, really. The 1940s Batman was not some depressed guy. As Bruce Wayne he was already a playboy with witty remarks. His interactions with Gordon and Julie Madison showed this. The "original Batman" threw out "one-liners" all the time. Hell, he even stopped to ask for the way once! Did I mention that this guy had friends? No. And in the original comics there was no Alfred. So. No.
And his interactions with Vicki Vale didn't?

"to tell you the truth I don't even think I've ever eaten in this room before"

"one drink and I'm flying"

and then poof off to the sack they went.

Modern psychobabble. In the original comics he had a fiancee.
You have seemed to conveniently forget about Silver St. Cloud and how his relationship with her was also an influence used in this movie.

I enjoy comic book adaptations but I'm a comic book fan first and foremost. Not a comic book movie fan.

Pull list: Saga, Action Comics, Lois & Clark, The Legend of Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Grayson, Gotham Academy, Aquaman, The Flash, Green Lantern, GLC, E2: Society, Green Arrow, Starfire, Black Canary, Dr. Fate, Martian Manhunter, Omega Men, Cyborg, JL, JLA, JL 3K1, Back to the Future, Judge Dredd, Lone Wolf 2100, Archie, Ghostbusters International
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote