View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 09:46 AM   #114
El Payaso
Banned User

Default Re: List of Things Batman Returns got Right/Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parents-Gun-Bat View Post
Yesyesyes, these things we always hear.
The curious thing is not why you keep hearing the truth but why you keep refusing to accept it.

Quote:
It's not the killing, really. The 1940s Batman was not some depressed guy. As Bruce Wayne he was already a playboy with witty remarks. His interactions with Gordon and Julie Madison showed this. The "original Batman" threw out "one-liners" all the time. Hell, he even stopped to ask for the way once! Did I mention that this guy had friends? No. And in the original comics there was no Alfred. So. No.
The Frank Millerís Batman is deppressive.

As many director, Burton chose the best elements of different eras that worked into the same context.

Quote:
Modern psychobabble. In the original comics he had a fiancee.
Like he had in all of the movies.

I suggest you should call tech support for your dvd player. It seems to be skipping scenes.

Quote:
If you embrace Burton's depth you will see that she died but she has 9 lives or something like that! How clever! Zen galore!
If you embrace your IQ you will see she survived as many other characters survive dangerous situations. Not because of any super-power.

Selina, in his twisted mind, was convinced it was the fact that she was a cat. But it wasnít in reality.

Quote:
it's S-T-U-P-I.D. Perhaps they (Knox and Vale) didn't know it, because they are to young but they could have just asked some older guy.
Or they could have searched amongst the old newspapers files.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote