View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 09:06 AM   #119
El Payaso
Banned User

Default Re: List of Things Batman Returns got Right/Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC1982 View Post
Tim Burton himself, admitted that he doesn't read a lot of comic books. So how do you know for sure about his depth of knowledge of Batman?
Tim Burton himself admitted that he read Batman comics in order to do Batman 89. He mentioned The Killing Joke and The Dark Knight Returns apart from the Bob Kane era comics.

Quote:
I never said that those aspects shouldn't be apart of Batman's universe
By your original statement: “Tim Burton seemed to think that Batman should be some quirky, neurotic psycho with a death wish, not a heroic adventure, who is more altruistic in his goals.” it seemed like you were.

Quote:
My point is that I felt that Tim Burton went way, way overboard with these themes and lack a certain sense of rhyme and reason.
Again, by your post you ruled out heroism when in fact was part of Burton’s Batman. Batman had every reason to be tough against crime and heroic about innocent people.

Quote:
If the movies are called "Batman and "Batman Returns", then it would logically, make the most sense to give the most prominence to the title character. That would be like making a Superman film and giving more time and interest developing Lex Luthor.
Or making a movie called King Kong or Jaws and giving the giant gorilla and the shark less screentime than the human characters.

Now, on a second thought, the shark thing worked pretty well.

I still think that is a problem about pre-determined thought. More screentime not always means more prominence.

Quote:
I know the actor's name (get a sense of humor while your at it). Just like Beetlejuice played Batman in Tim Burton's films, and Iceman from "Top Gun" and Danny Ocean played Batman in Joel Schumacher's films.
You see then how calling an actor a previous character name unrelated to the movie we’re discussing brings an uncalled feel of bashing to it. Criticism about the movie I can get them. To call Dee Williams “Lando Calrissian” is bashing the election of the actor merely because of some past roles. Which is totally unrelated to your criticism of his race vs the original character’s race. Our next point btw.

Quote:
The black Nick Fury was based on the "Ultimates" comics not from a film or television adaption.
So a comic can make such a change but not an adaptation? Any rerason for this biased authorization?

Quote:
Two-Face on "Batman: The Animated Series" wasn't African American, he seemed to look more Italian (Scilian).
I have to ask, how is changing Harvey Dent to a Sicilian man is better or more acceptable than to change him to a black man?

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote