View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 02:15 PM   #213
Mr. Socko
Side-Kick

Default Re: List of Things Batman Returns got Right/Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
I encourage you to call tech support for your dvd player. It seems itís showing non existant scenes, since I cannot remember where did they show the computer doing that alone without any Batmanís brain intervention.

Maybe the computer woke up one day and said ĎOk, Iíll stop Jokerís poisoning. Iíll collect the data and will work on this while Mr. Wayne is sleepingí?
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parents-Gun-Bat View Post
BATMAN:
A guy who starts a life of crimefighting to prevent others from having the same fate he has.
That precisely describes Keaton's Batman.

Quote:
KEATON-BATMAN:
A guy who is sad all the time and who compensates his loss by blowing up people.
How was he sad all the time? Are you next going to bring up the hermit stuff? He was a rich playboy and philanthropist. The scenes of Bruce alone in the bat-cave are terrifically acted by Keaton, his inner struggle was shown simply through the use of his eyes. I was able to learn more about Wayne from the subtle expressions of Keaton than I could of Goyer's 10 minute monologues about being frightened by bats.

Keaton's Batman killed only when necessary, just as Bob Kane's Batman did. If it meant saving several innocent lives, then yes, Keaton's Batman wouldn't hesitate to blow up a murderer. It was simply staying true to the original comics, no? Burton uses the Kane-era comics as inspiration and gets bashed for it, but Nolan does it and receives much praise for bringing the characters back to their roots