View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 08:26 PM   #219
El Payaso
Banned User

Default Re: List of Things Batman Returns got Right/Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parents-Gun-Bat View Post
yeah, yeah. Just because I do not sing "Praise the lord! Everyone is true to Batman just in a different way!" it's a waste of time. yeah, yeah, yeah.
Itís more your hilarious misconception of the character as the evidence of Burtonís ďwrong vision.Ē

Quote:
And I am fair!
Your actions keep contradicting your words. I suggest to stop defining yourself with words only. Remember that is ďwhat you doooooooooooooooooo...Ē etc etc

Quote:
It's just not really difficult to argue against a movie where the superficial parts (Batman being a guy called Bruce Wayne, having a cave and so on) are there. But in the essence he doesn't act like Batman, he is not Batman. And almost no other character is like his comic counterpart. The only one I can think of is the Joker.
And Catwoman. And the Penguin is so much better than the comics counterparter that I canít care for being accurate to details in that case.

Quote:
But the comic Bruce Wayne didn't have any traumas anymore. The ended definitely (and perhaps before) when Joe Chill died. "i have not been back to the cemetary since then", you know ("THe Untold Legends of the Batman")
Bruce Wayne has been told to suffer from nightmares in 1990ís comics. Besides, that kind of traumas, specially if you keep feeding it with obssession, donít die just like that. No matter what the comics could have done, itís still a very interesting side of the character.

Quote:
Being 5'9'', body like a boy and a voice that's sore?
By just watching the movie your picky considerations vanish. He doesnít look short at all, same way Christopher Reeve doesnít look as skinny as he was.

Quote:
AGAIN! You confuse the modern Batman from the last decade with the time back then! The murder of his parents may be tragic, but he got over it some time later and gave his life a real meaning. You know. Not like taking your money and have a nice life, but to do something good. THe whole "Batman is TEH INSANE!" just started later to creep into the comic lore. Before he was in fact a cool guy you wanted to be. Does anyone like to be Keaton's Batman? I doubt it.
Thing is itís still the most interesting part of the character. As a good director, burton knew what elements from the many Batman eras to keep.

Does anyone like to be Hamlet? Or Hulk? I doubt. But what a hell of characters they are.

Quote:
Again! It was not! It was not! The obsession thing first showed up with DKR, BUT this was special because he betrayed the oath and saw the world decline. So he felt guilty for it. But not when he was young. Ask people like Steve Engelhart if Batman is insane.
Nobody except you has said Batman is insane.

Now letís ask anyone if Batman is obssessive. Letís ask anyone if he keeps ignoring Alfredís tips of being a little more normal or having a sandwich before going out because his mind is too obssessed with defeating the enemy.

Quote:
The Kane Batman was a much funnier guy. And it was so much like Miller's Batman that he didn't like him and was actually only pleased with Batman Begins, which is a much more tame approach to Batman than is own style.
What if Miller didnít like B89? (Which btw you still fall short to prove) You donít need to have the authorís approval to have your movie influenced by him.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote