View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 08:59 PM   #220
El Payaso
Banned User

Default Re: List of Things Batman Returns got Right/Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parents-Gun-Bat View Post
Terms like "post-crisis" and "pre-crisis" DON'T work for Batman, because his portrayal was the same before Year One and after Year One. In 89 he was still the same guy who sometimes talked to civilians and walked around in BROAD DAYLIGHT!
I still dare to say there has been very different eras in comics AND movies.

Somehow reality seems to agree with me.

Quote:
His physique was the reason for that awful rubber suits. They should've got Tom Selleck, he could have worn a more faithful costume.
Thatís why when they got a muscular Christian bale they went right back to spandex.

Quote:
Yeah, they didn't want to make a movie about a guy with a big chin and a broad chest, wasn't that what Burton said? So why did he do the movie? THat is what Batman is.
That definition also matches Superman. Batman is so much more than that.

Quote:
My arguments are as "weak" as yours.
Iím not sure if those qualify as arguments. Itís a bunch of refutable half-baked ideas easily debunkable.

Quote:
You are defending what you like and I am attacking what I dislike.
Presicely, youíre just giving an attack. Youíre not defending your own posture. Youíre just throwing punches radomly in the hope to get something right. And thus the easiness at the moment of proving you wrong.

Quote:
He was a strange human being. It's right - we can't really say if he is insane - because we - hardly - do know things about him. But that's because it's DEEP, I know!
We know a lot of things about him. Itís only the things we donít know are as important to be in the shadowes as the ones we do know to be known.

Burton said no to spoonfeeding and once again i applaud him for that.

Quote:
It's when that psychobabble started, yes. But the answer for Batman's motivation is simple: He IS a good guy.
Nope. If for being the Ďgood guyí he would never had become a superhero if not for his parentsí death.

Quote:
Serial superhero fiction is not real the best ground for such experiments.
That depends on the vision. To limit those characters merely because they were intended for young people and kids is the one that worked for decades until it got well-worn.

But Batmanís dark side has only made the character truly ninterestiung dutring the last decades.

Quote:
That is the field for works like "Watchmen". Serial superheroes should be more treated like fairy tales and mythology characters.
Even those characters are able to be explored in a more interesting way than a 2-dimentional icon.

Quote:
What depth is for some wannabe intellectuals is often just pretentious crap to other people.
To the people who canít get it, for sure.

Last edited by El Payaso; 04-06-2008 at 09:32 PM.
El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote