View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 06:24 PM   #235
El Payaso
Banned User

Default Re: List of Things Batman Returns got Right/Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parents-Gun-Bat View Post
Man! Read the old stuff! He had friends and he talked to civilans in 39. He even asked for the goddamn way once! In a very friendly and polite way!
Weíre all waiting for those exquisit links that never come.

Let truth be your ally. Once at least ok?

That said, in BR we see Batman and Gordon having a small talking and then Gordon tries to protect Batman verbally and then from the cops shooting at him. They seem to be friends too.

And too good Burton kept Batman as dark as possible, not a kid-friendly Superman in a dark suit.

Some aspects being better than in some comic books is what Burtonís genius is about when we talk about Batman movies.

Quote:
No no no. The "ski mask" escuse was just made to JUSTIFY Keaton. He wanted Keaton because he worked with him before.
He worked with Alec Baldwin too.

Try again.

Quote:
It was his ego. Not because he thought it made more sense.
Prove it beyond your bare words.

Quote:
And now? A fictional character is at the mercy of the writer, if he doesn't have body armor simply don't write a scene were he is hit by a bullet!
Before the difficult is there, lousy writing to the rescue?

Sure, criminals takes the city... without guns.

Quote:
BTW: In this fictional realm he could have used a more accurate Batman suit who just happen to be bulletproof because of some (magic, magic) fictional armor material that doesn't exist in our world. YOu know, like the original Batman. I guess you know that when the Joker shoots Batman in one of the early stories.
We might as well have Batmythe to create this ďmagic magicĒ unexistant bulletproof material instead of having a realistic efficient cool-looking suit.

Quote:
In the scene at the part he appears short. And especially with Basinger and Pfeiffer. Because they are girls you know.

MEE-OUCH!

Reality ignores you again, as you have been ignoring it yourself.

Quote:
ATHLETIC? Keaton may be thin and cut but ATHLETIC? Doesn't athletic mean to be taller-than-average and a better-than-average built? Guys like Sean Connery or Bruce Willis are athletic guys - but Keaton?? Stop kiddin.

POW! BAM!

Stop kicking your own ass man! Or is it reality thatís doing it?

It might be entertaining but too pitiful to watch.

Quote:
I didn't want a bodybuilder, I want an alpha male type. You know, with charisma and - you know - a big chin.
You can get Superman-type guys for the right role.

Quote:
This is the Batman Movie forum. This is the place of the Burton fans.
Is this your admision that you haven nothing to do inb here but troll? Or is it your evasive way for not admitting you should be making sense, even in your trolling?

Quote:
I just think you overrate Burton's work. It's not really subtle at all. He is style-over-substance.
I just think you underrate Burton's work. With him, many times, style is substance.

Quote:
60s series groupie? I hate this goddamn series! It's the reason why comic books have such a "funny" reputation. And yes, a lot of writer and fans have jumped on the "Batman is insane" bandwagon.
And yet when directors have gone against the 1960ís series tone, you hate it.

And yet you love a kid-friendly Batman who should make us feel like we want to be him.

How is contradiction and lack of consistence your privilege?

Quote:
You misunderstand. Growth and change in comic books is just something for comic book geeks. What about new readers? Why can't they enjoy Batman like I did when I was 8 years old? They cannot buy those comics because they wouldn't understand it (too much continuity, too less "status quo"). They are too violent and depressing. Actually a lot of modern comic book writers try too hard to be "mature" when in fact it's just stupid what they right. Violence doesn't equal maturity, but a lot of fans and writers never learned that lesson.
On the other hand you might be terribly wrong and biased.

Nothing stops anyone from reading old comics from when you were 8 years old.

Maybe if you control that paranoia, acceptance of reality will come in addition.

Quote:
Like I said. You (and me) cannot judge the past of Batman before we started to read.
Yes you can.

Stop fearing the non-existent barriers.

Quote:
Like so many people say that Batman's early adventures are SOOOO dark and gritty when in fact they were quite harmless for the time. Batman killing was not a big thing. Superman killed. Hawkman killed. Disney characters killed. Not to speak of guys like the Shadow or the hardcore-version of him, THe Spider. Much more violence. And not to mention the EC COmics with real graphic torture. So we read our Batman now (who doesn't kill) and then read the original stories and think "What a raw guy compared to our modern version". But back then he was not really a "wild" character. The same goes for the Silver Age. This was not stupid or campy, it was just the way every comic was back then. And suddenly in the 80s and 90s they wanted to make Batman some adults-only material. That was so stupid. Batman is a very "childish" fantasy. You know, lose your parents and then become a crimefighter. THat's not the idea of an insane guy, it springs more from a kid's mind. If this happened to me and my parents I would become a crimefighter.
Batmanís not insane. Only in your own mind.

Heís just obssessive and carries the trauma of the death of his parents. Those are the basic elements that motivates him. Now please letís have the eleents work in an adult way, not ignoring the dark non-heroic edges because they could be too non kid-friendly.

Thereís little childish fantasy about having your parents killed before your own eyes and to have to live with that as an adult. Thereís little childish fantasy about the basic elements of Batman.

Quote:
again, that's superficial. "Kane"'s Batman: easy-going, Keaton's Batman: depressed and deranged.
Your ďYay, I wanna be him!Ē tone for Batman sounds way more superficial.

Quote:
Okay, then why isn't the Joker NOTHING like the old version? why is there an Alfred? why doesn't Batman operate in NEW YORK? why isn't Bruce Wayne a charming and funny guy? Why doesn't Batman say one-liners? Why does he wear a big rubber suit?
Because Burton decided to keep the best elements as Iíve been telling you for ages and you choose to ignore as every fact that you canít cope with?

Quote:
Frank Miller said it in an interview for Batman begins that they "finally" got it right.
The link baby, the link.

And again, Iím sure Miller and Byrne can choose his favourite Batman movie without mindless bashing and reality-ignoring as you do.

Last edited by El Payaso; 04-07-2008 at 06:53 PM.
El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote