View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 06:51 PM   #236
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Default Re: List of Things Batman Returns got Right/Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocLathropBrown View Post
Fair enough.

See, THIS is a "negative" comment about Burton's films that I'm fine with. This guy makes no bones about "I just didn't like it" instead of beligerently saying "it sucks."
I always try to be objective when I criticize something, it annoys me when people just say "it sucks" without explanation as well.

Really, I don't mind BR. When I was a little kid I used to hate it because the Penguin scared the crap out of me, but now it's my second favorite movie of the old series. Like I said, I'm just not fond of the overuse of Burton style in a Batman movie. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't, for me anyways.

Still though, I have to give Burton props for crafting the best Bat-film love interest relationship. Heck, I'd go as far as to say one of the best comic book movie love interest relationships. The way Batman and Catwoman interacted was down pat.

Parents-Gun-Bat, athletic does not mean you’re above average in size or strength. Athletic refers to all aspects of physicality. If you’re very fast then you’re more athletic in the area of speed then others, if you can jump really high you’re more athletic in your ability to jump then others, if you’re amazingly quick you’re more athletic in quickness then others.

Some of the most athletic people around are very small. Take Spudd Webb for example. The guy was 5’7 and he could throw down a dunk behind his head. That takes extreme athleticism to do. Size in many cases can actually limit one’s athleticism. To base one’s athletic ability on size is simply wrong.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote