View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 03:41 PM   #249
The Guard
Side-Kick

Default Re: List of Things Batman Returns got Right/Wrong

Quote:
Are you constantly trying to misunderstand me? Those are the known fact, yes, but we don't know what kind of ADVENTURES they shared (no pun). When the Dynamic Duo was most of the stories were those silly ones. When Batman became serious again Dick Grayson left to college.
No, I'm not trying to misunderstand you. But you are making it sound like details about the time they spent together aren't known. That we don't know what Post-Crisis Batman and the original Robin were like, or what they faced. That simply isn't the case.

Let's think about this for a second.

In a mythology that changed to be more serious overall, where Batman still fought with Robin at some point in the mythology, and Batman and Jason Todd and Tim Drake and Stephanie Brown all experienced more serious adventures, do you think Bruce and Dick shared serious adventures...or completely silly ones?

Quote:
Pre-Crisis they encountered most of the Batman villains together when those bad guys had their debut. But then they retconned all those things and made Batman a loner at the time he first fought guys like the Joker, Two-Face, Poison Ivy...
Ok, so they retconned when Batman met those villains. Before Robin. And he fights them in a serious manner. So...knowing that, is there anything to make one think that in their Post-Crisis incarnations, those villains would start off serious, suddenly become silly, and then be serious again years later?

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night

Last edited by The Guard; 04-08-2008 at 03:44 PM.
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote