View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 04:51 PM   #250
Parents-Gun-Bat
Banned User

Default Re: List of Things Batman Returns got Right/Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
No, I'm not trying to misunderstand you. But you are making it sound like details about the time they spent together aren't known. That we don't know what Post-Crisis Batman and the original Robin were like, or what they faced. That simply isn't the case.
We don't know which old DYNAMIC DUO stories are in continuity. All? None? A few like "Robin Dies At Dawn"?
Quote:
Let's think about this for a second.

In a mythology that changed to be more serious overall, where Batman still fought with Robin at some point in the mythology, and Batman and Jason Todd and Tim Drake and Stephanie Brown all experienced more serious adventures, do you think Bruce and Dick shared serious adventures...or completely silly ones?
That's the question no one has ever really answered!

Quote:
Ok, so they retconned when Batman met those villains. Before Robin. And he fights them in a serious manner. So...knowing that, is there anything to make one think that in their Post-Crisis incarnations, those villains would start off serious, suddenly become silly, and then be serious again years later?
I think it's an interesting take. It doesn't make much sense when we consider a realistic take. But why can't Batman have point in his career when Gotham City was a nice place and he had the time of his life?

Sometimes I really wish they had done a hard reboot in 1987 like for Superman. Than we wouldn't have this mess. But when I see what they did with Superman I'm glad it DIDN'T happen!

Parents-Gun-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote