View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 10:12 AM   #36
RogueDK
Agent Of The Bat

Default Re: The Superman: TAS discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parents-Gun-Bat View Post
no its bad writing. Superman has superspeed and so he has superreflexes and so it's just bad writing that he can be thrown. It's just there to proof a point. It's like SUperman showing up in a Batman cartoon, tearing down Wayne Manor and throwing Batman into the air.

I hope someday you will understand something about the art that is "writing".
Well...I think I know a little something about it. But not to skate off subject much about my aptitude for writing, that sequence was just to set up their working relationship over the span of the Timm years. By the time the last JLU episode aired, there was clearly an admiration of respect shown from both characters as they battled Darkseid.

I'm pretty sure that Timm wanted shock value for their first meeting hence the audacity of the toss...and remember that Superman may be all powerful but he still has the average weight of a man his size. So he was caught off guard, and his momentum was used against him, what's the big deal? I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy that part, I and I'm sure others did.

Correct me if I'm wrong but in the latest Batman cartoon incarnation, wasn't their first meeting a wee bit similiar in tension?

"Batman's rich history allows him to be interpreted in a multitude of ways. To be sure, this is a lighter incarnation, but it's certainly no less valid and true to the character's roots as the tortured avenger...crying out for Mommy & Daddy..."
RogueDK is offline   Reply With Quote