View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 11:44 AM   #37
Doctor Baywatch
Banned User

Default Re: The Superman: TAS discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDK View Post
Well...I think I know a little something about it. But not to skate off subject much about my aptitude for writing, that sequence was just to set up their working relationship over the span of the Timm years. By the time the last JLU episode aired, there was clearly an admiration of respect shown from both characters as they battled Darkseid.

I'm pretty sure that Timm wanted shock value for their first meeting hence the audacity of the toss...and remember that Superman may be all powerful but he still has the average weight of a man his size. So he was caught off guard, and his momentum was used against him, what's the big deal? I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy that part, I and I'm sure others did.

Correct me if I'm wrong but in the latest Batman cartoon incarnation, wasn't their first meeting a wee bit similiar in tension?
He is partly right, because they bent this part just to achieve this effect. If Superman was written consistantly Batman wouldn't have been able to throw him so they cheated (= bad writing).

Doctor Baywatch is offline   Reply With Quote