View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 07:31 AM   #111
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Default Re: Transformers comics

April 21, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Furman View Post
Out this week, in store 23rd April in the US (just in time for Botcon)/24th in the UK, is the long-awaited (by me at least) Transformers Spotlight: Grimlock. It had to happen, I suppose. Ever since his supporting role in Spotlight: Shockwave, it’s only ever been a matter of time before the Dinobot commander (an established favourite of mine) got his star turn. And what a turn it is! Not only is it something of a sequel to Spotlight: Shockwave, it’s also something of a prequel (not saying yet to what, but maybe I’ll get to spill the beans at Botcon), and it even ties into the ongoing Escalation/Devastation storyline, featuring, as it does, a certain Scorponok! Oh, and rest assured that despite this after- and fore- shadowing, it’s pretty much a standalone story in its own right too. Reawakened by government alien-spotters Skywatch, Grimlock is not in the best of moods, especially as he soon realises his actions may have doomed his fellow Dinobots… even if they survived their molten end in Spotlight: Shockwave. Enter Scorponok, with an offer that Grimlock may just not be able to refuse! Story is by me, art by Marcelo Matere. For details of all IDW’s Transformers titles, check out their website here.

April 22, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Furman View Post
Also out this week, but only in the UK, on Thursday 24th, is issue #11 of Titan’s Transformers comic/magazine, featuring (in amongst more comic strip, features and competitions) the third part of the apocalyptic Twilight’s Last Gleaming. If you remember, TLG takes an alternate look at post live-action movie events, exploring a near-future in the which Decepticons are the victors and Autobots are an endangered species. Starscream continues his machinations this episode, throwing a spanner in the Autobots’ carefully laid plans to further his own diabolical agenda. Forced into desperate action the moon-based Autobots head for Earth and their respective dates with destiny. And Bumblebee takes on Megatron (no prizes for guessing how that one turns out) and Mikaela takes on Frenzy (not as one-sided as you might think) and Ironhide and Ratchet come up against… well, that’d be telling! Art this issue comes from Paul Ridgon, and it rocks!
Sorry peeps, I've been slacking off a bit on the TF comic news

http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Avangarde is offline   Reply With Quote