View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 07:18 PM   #27
liamoversion2
Side-Kick

Default Re: Famke finally speaks her mind about the treatment of Phoenix in X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
With how vocal Berry was about her role and how she fought for it before and during X3, why don't you understand why Famke was most likely referring to her?

As for the Cure storyline, I felt it would have been a good subplot to have an all out storyline possibly leading to a modified Legacy Virus story for a fourth movie.
I think this is the most important point about the script and the general direction of the film. The cure and Phoenix story-lines actually do 'dovetail' pretty well. The idea to have Magneto vying for Jean's loyalty over Xavier with the intent of using her as a weapon was brilliant and up to the scene at Jean Grey's house, that aspect of the film wasn't going so badly, it just needed to be fleshed out a lot more. But after that it falls into absurdity. The story should have followed Jean more and how Magneto manipulates her in some way, giving her cause to go nuts at the end. Magneto should have taken on the role of Mastermind in the original Phoenix story-line, except with the intent of terrorism.

The cure should have been left lingering in the background, and should only have come to the foreground when it becomes apparent just how powerful Jean has become- giving real cause for the use of the cure as a weapon against mutants. i.e., initially, it's offered completely on a voluntary basis (this would have been a great backdrop) but then with the main drama of Jean/Phoenix playing out through the course of the film, the government's intentions for the cure would alter dramatically.

It seems obvious to me that the film would have been a million times better if it had gone in this direction. Because as it stands, Jean is just a psycho who kills a load of people for no reason. That does not a story make.

liamoversion2 is offline   Reply With Quote