View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 08:04 AM   #35
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

Default Re: Famke finally speaks her mind about the treatment of Phoenix in X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Not sure if you're referring to the comics or the film adaptation but I believe you may be incorrect on both accounts.

Storm was the lead female in the X-comics for a long time--especially with the new line-up. During that time frame she and Jean ran about even, but for a while Jean played second fiddle to her--especially after Storm took leadership.

In the films, Storm was "supposed" to be one of Charles' original students along with Scott, Jean and later Logan. In neither version was she treated correctly. She was totally underdeveloped by all accounts, hence the tremendous backlash from the fanbase.

Now, I'm not saying that she shouldn't have taken a back seat to Jean in X3--she definitely should have--but if she had been treated properly from jump there wouldn't have been a need to mediate the problem so late in the game.
I don't think Storm should have taken a backseat to Jean in X3 what they should have done is shown the sisterly bond that those 2 have. I can think of 2 scenes where Storm could have expressed her feelings for Jean: 1) the balcony scene that was obvisouly cut short I mean why would Storm be on the verge of tears i.e. rain clouds if she wasn't thinkin of Jean 2) when Logan is goin to leave the mansion n search for Jean, Storm could've expressed her concern and love instead of attacking her...The one thing bout all these char. is that they all have a bond and the only bond we saw in all 3 films was Logan/Rogue...

Phoenix_Flare is offline   Reply With Quote