View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 03:23 PM   #38
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

Default Re: Famke finally speaks her mind about the treatment of Phoenix in X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamoversion2 View Post
I think this is the most important point about the script and the general direction of the film. The cure and Phoenix story-lines actually do 'dovetail' pretty well. The idea to have Magneto vying for Jean's loyalty over Xavier with the intent of using her as a weapon was brilliant and up to the scene at Jean Grey's house, that aspect of the film wasn't going so badly, it just needed to be fleshed out a lot more. But after that it falls into absurdity. The story should have followed Jean more and how Magneto manipulates her in some way, giving her cause to go nuts at the end. Magneto should have taken on the role of Mastermind in the original Phoenix story-line, except with the intent of terrorism.

The cure should have been left lingering in the background, and should only have come to the foreground when it becomes apparent just how powerful Jean has become- giving real cause for the use of the cure as a weapon against mutants. i.e., initially, it's offered completely on a voluntary basis (this would have been a great backdrop) but then with the main drama of Jean/Phoenix playing out through the course of the film, the government's intentions for the cure would alter dramatically.

It seems obvious to me that the film would have been a million times better if it had gone in this direction. Because as it stands, Jean is just a psycho who kills a load of people for no reason. That does not a story make.
I like how you think (LOL)...I don't think they did a good job showing how fragile Jean's mind was. I mean they could've had a scene where Psylocke took the role of Emma Frost from the comics and had her tap into Jean's mind and then Magneto did his thing or if Mystique wasn't cured their could've been scene(s) where Mystique was impersonating Scott and she/he was encouraging Jean to bad things taking advantage of her in her weaken condition and when she finds out Mystique was Scott really have her go off the deep end or their Brotherhood in general should have bee out committing terrorist attacks and Jean/Phoenix did the worst then it would've made the cure seem so more prominent for the gov. to make cure weapons and explain why the cure is needed...

Phoenix_Flare is offline   Reply With Quote