View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 07:51 AM   #43
omerhead
Banned User

Default Re: Am I the only one who feels like B'89 is vastly overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalore464 View Post
Although I disagree with you, I do have the feeling sometimes that a lot of people love it the most mainly out of nostalgia.

Of course I'm not speaking for everyone, as some people are bound to love this movie, and I myself like it, but it is true that I've had this impression many times already, that some people like it because it's the first one, or because it's the one they grew up with, or whatever...

I also often hear people say that Nicholson's Joker was the best joker there could ever be, not because he was good, but because his name's Jack Nicholson. Well, let them be.

Now, my opinion is that it's a very good movie, although lacking a bit of action here and there. I like how they portrayed Batman as ruthless, although I didn't like that they made him THAT ruthless (killing thugs like he doesn't care about other people's lives anymore). I also didn't like the fact that they turned the Batmobile into a war vehicle, with lethal armament all over the place, and that he actually uses this armament against people.

The only other thing that I could say is that it's more a Burton movie than it is a Batman movie.

Other than that, I love Jack Nicholson as the Joker, Keaton as Batman, I love the scene where the Joker dances (to Prince is it?) and ruins the art gallery, I love the finale.

But I like Returns better.
I think Returns was way worse than B89.

omerhead is offline   Reply With Quote