View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 01:08 PM   #48
CFE
This is a job for...

Default Re: Am I the only one who feels like B'89 is vastly overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Petrelli View Post
But Batman Begin's is not an adaption from Frank Millers Year One.. So why would it matter if Frank Miller didn't describe it, but Chris Nolan did?
But according to you, a story that takes place with Bruce prior to becoming Batman requires absolute explination of every single minut detail.

I'm just using "Year One" to point out that that's not the case at all. I don't need to be handed a step-by-step manual on "How to Be Batman" to enjoy watching Batman kick ass, drive a fast car, look like a bat and protect a metropolitian city.

"Begins" seems to forget one very strong aspect of the Batman character...his sense of mystery; his privacy. There's something far more exciting about not knowing how exactly Bruce came to construct the suit or the car. A "Less is More" situation...

If I'm paying money to go see a "Batman" movie, I'm not paying to watch a 30 minute tutorial on the uses of a utility belt...I'm paying it to watch a guy dressed as a giant terrifying bat beat the snot out of a homicidal clown.

But I DO have a feeling that, with the origin out of the way, "TDK" will be a little bit better about not going on long diatribes when they aren't needed like in "Begins."

However, thanks to the over-analization presented in "Begins," Bale's Batman will NEVER have the sense of awe and mystery that Keaton's Batman did.

And with THAT said, I stand on my belief that "Begins" is in actuality a tad more overrated than "B89."

CFE

Chas Blankenship's "BAT-MANIA - The Exhibition Blog" -- Chas Blankenship's "SUPER-MANIA - The Exhibition Blog" - Coming Soon
CFE is offline   Reply With Quote