View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 12:07 PM   #82
El Payaso
Banned User

Default Re: Am I the only one who feels like B'89 is vastly overrated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Petrelli View Post
A role which forces him to portray different emotional states because each clone has a different personality.. It doesn't count for that obvious reason.
Yeah, because it smashes the premise of your argument. An actor without flexibility could have ruined the 3 different personalities clones concept. But Keaton did it good.

Quote:
But don't ignore that Keaton's role is still as 1 dimensional as him as Jackie Brown.
No he wasn't. He was as rich as in Jackie Brown. You'd do better saying he acted similar (so we can start srguing that point) but not that he was 1-dimensional because the intensity of his Batman is acknowledged to date.

Quote:
I liked him in Batman as Bruce Wayne, but he carried out the characteristics of that role to the majority of them after.
I'm glad he could be able to keep that intensity for other roles.

Quote:
Change the name from Jackie Brown to Vicky Vale, get a blind man and make him listen to the difference between Bruce Wayne and Keaton in Jackie Brown. I bet he wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two..
Of course you know that if we don't have the blind man and do the actual experiment that's just an empty argument. With the same logic I could say that I bet a good director that watches 3 Keaton movies could tell how good he is. Sure, we can put experiments and the results of them in words all we want, who can stop our imagination?

Quote:
Keaton was a good Bruce Wayne, but nobody can top Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne.
May I ask what has Christian Bale to do in this? I thought we were talking about Michael Keaton. Or is there a insecuity feeling when talking about other actors portraying Batman?

Quote:
Not only does he have the obsession in his eyes, but you start to believe that you are watching Bruce Wayne, not Christian Bale. Unlike Keaton, you are watching Michael Keaton playing Bruce Wayne..
I can still watch a very natural Christian Bale being called Bruce Wayne. I think we'll see the total transformation in Ledger's Joker more than Bale's Bruce.

I assure you Keaton being great doesn't diminish Bale's merits.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote