Re: Am I the only one who feels like B'89 is vastly overrated?
ok, threw this on the other day just to participate more in this thread. We can go on and on about its faithfulness to the Batman mythos. I still enjoyed the movie as much as ever but if I want to be nitpicky, my issues are more silly things than anything:
- Bruce Wayne being this mysterious man that no one really knows anything about. And how it's a total shock to Vale and Knox to find out Thomas and Martha Wayne were murdered. Nice job knowing the town you cover, Knox!
- In a city with corruption issues, you have the Commissioner and DA throwing dice in Bruce Wayne's living room.
- Billy Dee Williams' Ghost and Goblins line with the cigar in his mouth. I half expected Lando to whip out a bottle of Colt 45 right there.
- Napier blasts Eckhart, Batman just stands and watches.
- Gordon says any man that open fires on Napier will answer to him. Napier has his back turned and the cops just start firing away! You got great command of you troops there, commish!
- Bruce is downing champagne and then off to fight crime!!! (don't give me the DKR cider bit, because he's clearly drinking wine with Vale later in the film)
- Bruce channeling Beetlejuice in the "you wanna get nuts!" moment. ...actually, nevermind, I liked that part.
The Sons of Crispin's Father, LLC
Last edited by Hole Shot; 07-06-2008 at 10:53 PM.