View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 08:27 PM   #68
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Re: Titanium Man or Crimson Dynamo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
1. Putting in a third party would crowd the movie too much, remember Spider-man 3?
Spider-Man 3 wasn't proof that multiple antagonists don't work. There are films with more than two characters working in opposition with each other. Spider-Man 3 was multiple villains done badly.

Quote:
2. There are more interesting villains that could work as henchmen, with better non outdated backstories and cooler powers
The first part is fairly subjective. I think The Unicorn makes a perfectly good villain. He's a man who's been used by people his whole life and has become increasingly emotionally unstable as a result. He's also got a history with working for The Mandarin.

His backstory also can lend itself to the films. Yes, Russia isn't Communist anymore. But that doesn't mean that it never was. You can have people who worked for the Russians back when they were Communist in films set in the modern day. And it would work for the story. Let's say The Unicorn was an agent for the KGB who, after being used and abused by his superiors, defected and became something of a mercenary. He ultimately joins up with The Mandarin to get back at those who manipulated him in the past.

Quote:
3. a guy doesn't want to be a symbol "feminine strength", a guy shouldn't want to be a symbol of feminine anything!
Unicorn's aren't always a symbol of feminine strength. I was simply saying that when they are used as a feminine symbol, it's a very positive and strong one. And like I said, it doesn't matter what his name symbolizes: He's a spy. His code name isn't a totem he's taken on to symbolize something greater than himself. It's a means to an end. And using Unicorn as a code name evokes an old school spy feel.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote