View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 11:44 PM   #69
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Default Re: Titanium Man or Crimson Dynamo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
Spider-Man 3 wasn't proof that multiple antagonists don't work. There are films with more than two characters working in opposition with each other. Spider-Man 3 was multiple villains done badly.
Kiss=keep it simple stupid. Adding another villain takes up screen time better used esle where, well addding nothing to the main plot. Unicorn shouldn't be a third party that eats away at screen time.

Quote:
The first part is fairly subjective. I think The Unicorn makes a perfectly good villain. He's a man who's been used by people his whole life and has become increasingly emotionally unstable as a result. He's also got a history with working for The Mandarin.

His backstory also can lend itself to the films. Yes, Russia isn't Communist anymore. But that doesn't mean that it never was. You can have people who worked for the Russians back when they were Communist in films set in the modern day. And it would work for the story. Let's say The Unicorn was an agent for the KGB who, after being used and abused by his superiors, defected and became something of a mercenary. He ultimately joins up with The Mandarin to get back at those who manipulated him in the past.
So you are saying Ghost, living laser, Spymaster, Whiplash, Blizzard, etc wouldn't make better henchmen? Most of them require fewer changes and have better powers.

Heck why does mandy need henchmen, he is both a physical and mental threat to Stark? This is just adding clutter.

Quote:
Unicorn's aren't always a symbol of feminine strength. I was simply saying that when they are used as a feminine symbol, it's a very positive and strong one. And like I said, it doesn't matter what his name symbolizes: He's a spy. His code name isn't a totem he's taken on to symbolize something greater than himself. It's a means to an end. And using Unicorn as a code name evokes an old school spy feel.
Most people don't remember that movie and would think that code name is pretty lame.

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote