View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 11:46 AM   #72
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Default Re: Titanium Man or Crimson Dynamo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
And who's to say that adding another villain would add nothing to the plot? It all depends on how well it's executed. I feel like storytelling rules like "kiss" are a hindrance. The rules of telling a story shouldn't be strict rules. They should be guidelines, subject to being ignored or revised based upon circumstances. And I can think of two perfectly good examples of super hero movies where they had multiple villains and it worked. Those being Christopher Nolan's Batman films. Let's count the number of Batman villains present in the films so far. In Begins, you had Ra's Al Ghul, The Scarecrow, Carmine Falcone, Detective Flass, Joe Chill, Mr. Zsasz, and two characters who essentially filled the role of Ra's Al Ghul's bodyguard Ubu. In The Dark Knight, you have The Joker, Two Face, Sal Maroni, Scarecrow, and various mobsters. It's all about striking the right balance between the characters and the plot. Saying that having more than one villain eats up screen time that is needed elsewhere can only be a valid statement if you actually know what the plot is. Otherwise, having that other character could work with the plot beautifully.
Yeah because Flass, Chill and Zsasz were such a major villain in that movie and scarecrow was a glorified hecnchman.

Also exactly what would Unicorn as third party add to the film, but a sub plot that would take away time from the man plot.

Quote:
I don't think they would be better. I think they would work just as fine as The Unicorn. I'm just saying that The Unicorn's origins and history of having worked for The Mandarin in the comics lends the character to the film pretty well. I was thinking that it would be nice to see a few minor Iron man villains working for The Mandarin with varying levels of screen time. Whiplash, Spymaster, The Unicorn, and Firebrand were all characters I was thinking of.
Most of those characters more interesting powers than Unicorn's though.

Quote:
Because The Mandarin has always had people working for him in the comics, is more or less established as being the leader or a massive organization in the film series, and can't exactly conquer Asia all by himself.

The latest story which was one of his best had no super powered henchman, so he doesn't need them.

Not that it matters, the chance of unicorn making it into the movies is slim to none.

The Overlord is online now   Reply With Quote