View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 02:59 AM   #34
Katsuro
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman live action TV series

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
AND, they never lose their teen demographic skew. Supernatural is absolutely aimed toward the teenagers: they grab the guys with the "darkness" and they grab the girls with their pretty shirtless lead actors. I'm not dissing it, either. I say a good story is a good story, no matter the demographic. Otherwise, Veronica Mars would not be one of my favorite shows ever, as it was clearly a "high school show" in its 1st two (best) seasons, and I was a bit old for high school shows when it 1st aired. But it happened to be a VERY good, different, and often brilliant high school show that simply told a great story with fascinating characters. Angel did get quite dark, but it was always still a bit soapy, and never forgot its main demographic. This Batman show, if it was going to follow Nolan's lead, would need to avoid that "catering to the teen demo" stigma the CW attaches to every one of their shows.
Definately agreed. I mean, the show wouldn't even have any teenaged cast members. I cant imagne them doing their advertisments with all their stars dressed up nice in front of flashy backgrounds, and having whoever would play Gordon up there with Tom Welling and whoever the hell else.

Now, a Nightwing series, that would fit in right at home on the CW.