View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 12:22 PM   #68
Rich Santoro
Addicted to degeneracy

Default Re: The Avengers roster for 2011

Quote:
Marcvader
First off I don't really want Black Widow and Hakweye in the Avengers flick unless like someone mentioned as easter eggs. You see them in the background. A guy firing at targets with a hightech looking bow or a redhead interupting a scene whispering into Fury's ear giving him some pertinent information, leaving their fleshing out for the followup film.
That is exactly what I would like to see... Only true blues would even recognize them.

Quote:
For the Thor issue, won't we be getting a whole background from his own movie so that by the time the Avengers happens he won't be just some random god just appearing in a puff of smoke? The movie goers will understand and know why he's here. He doesn't need a convoluted Alien/interdimensional backstory. By the time Avengers comes out the viewer will be educated in norse mythology.
I am talking about the Thor movie... not the Avengers. All my comments about "puff of smoke" are a reference to the Thor film. I just don't think that a discussion on Norse Mythology will suffice, as to explain who this guy is, that Donald Blake turns into. Thor was not created by Norse Mythology... the mythos was created around Thor. But who and what is he??? Where is he from??? How did the Norse culture come to worship him and the other Asgardians a millenium ago???

So, I see the "planet in the center of the galaxy" premise to be a good psuedo-scientific explanation to answer the "who, what, where and how" of it all... An explanation that people can get into. Like how Star Trek always concocts some sciency explanation for the amazing things that go on in those movies / episodes.

Rich Santoro is offline   Reply With Quote