View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 09:51 AM   #14
Etienne
beboppin' and scattin'

Default Re: Who else hated Batman's portrayal in JUSTICE LEAGUE (Timm)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
It was ok, but I was never really a fan of the Timm version of The Justice League anyways, I didnt watch it much at all to be honest.
You know I agree DV. I've seen every JLU episode on Boomerang but now that I think about it a few things just bugged the crap out of me. The Cadmus storyline just went on and on. While the show is called Justice League Unlimited most of the episodes still dealt with the five or six of the main members. Superman was too much of a bad ass, and to think this is what some Supes fans want to see from the character. I can't stand John Stewart and Shayera, I'm just glad the writers somewhat got away from the focus on their relationship.

But yeah I agree Saturn you brought up a very valid point about Batman's demeanor. I've noticed the change ever since TNBA, and in JL/JLU at times ("Dead Reckoning" the Deadman episode) he also seems like the token "genius" of the league. (you know the one who knows everything about everything, the one who everyone goes to when they need some information.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by baerrtt View Post
Given the storylines (Justice Lords, Cadmus etc) is it any surprise that the DCAU Batman would be even more controlling and judgemental of his team's actions? Superman's anger at Cadmus's actions if unchallenged could have made them look like criminals.
The thing is Batman never really had a say in the Leagues actions I would even go as far to say that The Question raised more questions (pun intended) and doubt in the League than Batman ever did. I doubt the Justice Lords would have ever been around if Batman would have just intervened at some point.

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote