View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 07:53 PM   #104
theMan-Bat
Nocturnal

Default Re: Why Does Frank Miller Hate Superman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
If I remember right Byrne's Superman only shared 1 kiss with Wonderwoman.

I wouldnt call that "romantically involved".

But I could be wrong about it being 1 kiss.
That was not just a friendly little peck. They had romantic feels for each other. In Superman #5 Superman has a romantic dream about Wonder Woman.

In Superman #7 Clark tries to get in touch with Wonder Woman by calling the Boston Globe. He thinks to himself, "I feel like a schoolboy calling the prom queen for a date! Am I acting crazy or what? I can't seem to get her out of my thoughts."

In Wonder Woman #8 Julia Kapatelis writes in her journal, "Most interesting is the strange silence that would come over Diana whenever I mentioned Superman. She would not talk about him -- as if some unspoken secret existed between them."

In Wonder Woman #16 Diana walks into Vanessa's room, Julia Kapatelis's daughter, sees the new Superman poster Julia had just gotten and says, "Vanessa, I've seen how you feel about Barry--! Perhaps you are the only one I can speak to about this...In my dreams he is so like a God."

Vanessa says, "You're kidding!?! You mean you've got the hots for Superman?!?"

Diana says, "I am merely saying I cannot explain the feeling that comes over me when I think of him..."

Vanessa says, "Diana, that's great! It means you're in love!! I mean, Superman is perfect for you! So when are you going to tell him--? I mean if Superman feels the same way?"

So Wonder Woman's publicist Myndi Mayer calls Clark Kent at the Daily Planet and Kent says he's geting his friend Superman on the phone and he and Diana arrange a date for the weekend.

In Action Comics #600 they meet and kiss and hold hands and fly together. I'd say they were romantically involved.

B i R D M A N
In theaters October 17th.

"Better Call Saul!"
On AMC in February.

Last edited by theMan-Bat; 10-09-2008 at 11:22 AM.
theMan-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote