View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 08:15 PM   #106
theMan-Bat
Nocturnal

Default Re: Why Does Frank Miller Hate Superman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
And I'll say it again.....Franks statements [or any writters],and anything that can be implied by his story telling in "All Star Batman" is "NOT" proof of a connection between both universes.

You can point at as many similarities as you like but it is in "NO WAY" proof of a connection.

And the introduction of characters from an older story into a new one is also in "NO WAY" proof of a connection between the universe.There's no way of telling that those characters arent just alternate universe counterparts of the characters in TDKR.
You might need it stated in Countdown before you believe that Miller's All-Star Batman & Robin is connected to Miller's Year One and Miller's The Dark Knight Returns and DK2, but it's clear that they are. Frank Miller himself said, "DC has allowed me to carve out my own "Dark Knight Universe", letting me play with their characters with abandon." http://archive.comicdom.gr/interviews.php?id=17&lang=en
“Anything I come up with about any of these characters is DKU,” Miller said. In his Dark Knight work, Miller has given readers a glimpse into the twilight years of Batman’s career. In Batman: Year One, he’s shared the beginning of the Batman saga. So where does All-Star Batman fall in his Batman time-table? “Year Three. Bats is feeling his oats—very young, maybe acting a little crazy, but he knows exactly what he's doing. He's just a bit sloppier about doing it than he's going to eventually get.” - Frank Miller.
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthrea...threadid=27218
The All-Star Batman & Robin, the Boy Wonder Volume 1 forward in the front from DC Editor Bob Schreck states ..."that All Star B&R "IS" the prequel to Frank's Dark Knight." When the DC Editor says it's so and the writer says it's so..... it's so !

Quote:
Look at the current JSA arc and the inclusion of "A" Kingdom come Superman for an example of this.
Isn't that the Kingdom Come Superman from Earth-22: Home of the Kingdom Come characters by Mark Waid and Alex Ross. Revealed in 52 52.

Quote:
I can sit here and point out quite a few character portrayal and plot inconsistencies that leave any of Millers statement in question.

First and foremost would be the inclusion of young Barbra Gordan into Franks the All Star Universe.
Sure Barbara Gordon didn't make an appearance in Year One. I assume she was living with a relative in Chicago in Year One. When asked how young Barbra Gordon fit in All Star, since she wasn't mentioned in Year One? Frank Miller said, "Didn't get around to it. That was a pretty tight series." http://www.moebiusgraphics.com/phpBB...php?f=2&t=1534

THE DEATH OF "SUPERMAN LIVES": WHAT HAPPENED?
Release date currently unknown.

FRANK MILLER'S SIN CITY A DAME TO KILL FOR
In theaters now.

Last edited by theMan-Bat; 08-27-2009 at 01:56 AM.
theMan-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote