View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 09:38 PM   #108
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Default Re: Why Does Frank Miller Hate Superman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMan-Bat View Post
You might need it officially stated in Countdown before you believe that Miller's All-Star Batman & Robin is connected to Miller's Year One and Miller's The Dark Knight Returns, but it's clear to me that they are. If you don't see it that way than that's fine. To each his own.
I see many simularities but there are also a few inconsistancies.

Thou they are minor.

Quote:
Isn't that the Kingdom Come Superman from Earth-22: Home of the Kingdom Come characters by Mark Waid and Alex Ross. Revealed in 52 52.
Yes and no.

It is Earth 22 that is home to "A Kingdom Come" like universe.

It is not the same universe or earth that the "Kingdom Come" mini and its sequil stories was about.

Quote:
Sure Barbara Gordon didn't make an appearance in Year One. I assume that's because she is his adopted daughter and Jim Gordon had not adopted her yet in Year One.
We can assume that but its a pretty big assumption.

It would fit with one of Barbra's many older origins but so far theres no indication that she is adopted.

And even if she is it wouldnt have been that long ago and it would be too soon [imo] for her to be so freely calling James and Barbra, Mom and Dad.

Quote:
They had romantic feels for each other, they were involved during the date - they were romantically involved. If you don't want to call it that, fine...but arguing about it is silly.
And again as far as I know we were never shown the events of the date.

For all we know that sat on a sofa at opposites sides and watched TV.

I'm not trying to argue anything other that we dont know enough to say they were romantically involved and implying such is a mistake.

Now if they did show or refer to the date in some other issue ether I dont remember or missed it but for years I've seen a few people make this or a simlar statement about JB's Superman and Wonderwoman being romantically involved but no one has been able to provide definitive proof of it actually happening.

Now if someone has proof fine....I'm open to seeing it and to be honest I would rather like the idea.

I loved how it worked out for them in Kingdom come.

But as I said there's no evidence to surport saying that JB's Superman was romantically involved with Wonderwoman.