View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 04:45 AM   #109
theMan-Bat
Nocturnal

Default Re: Why Does Frank Miller Hate Superman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
Yes and no.

It is Earth 22 that is home to "A Kingdom Come" like universe.

It is not the same universe or earth that the "Kingdom Come" mini and its sequil stories was about.
Alex Ross said in Wizard, "I said he (Geoff Johns) should take the Kingdom Come Superman from that story. He's taken from the middle of the story before the end of Kingdom Come when he's still wearing the costume and everything. The thing I missed about the Justice Society that I loved when I was a kid was that they had an older Superman in the group. That was something that was really cool."

Quote:
We can assume that but its a pretty big assumption.

It would fit with one of Barbra's many older origins but so far theres no indication that she is adopted.

And even if she is it wouldnt have been that long ago and it would be too soon [imo] for her to be so freely calling James and Barbra, Mom and Dad.
Barbara was likely living with relatives in Chicago during Year One. Remember Jim said "Gotham is no place to raise a family."

Itís a year later in All-Star.

Quote:
And again as far as I know we were never shown the events of the date.

For all we know that sat on a sofa at opposites sides and watched TV.

I'm not trying to argue anything other that we dont know enough to say they were romantically involved and implying such is a mistake.

Now if they did show or refer to the date in some other issue ether I dont remember or missed it but for years I've seen a few people make this or a simlar statement about JB's Superman and Wonderwoman being romantically involved but no one has been able to provide definitive proof of it actually happening.

Now if someone has proof fine....I'm open to seeing it and to be honest I would rather like the idea.

I loved how it worked out for them in Kingdom come.

But as I said there's no evidence to surport saying that JB's Superman was romantically involved with Wonderwoman.
We seem to have different views of what "romantically involved" means. By romantically involved I'm not intending to imply John Byrne's Superman was sexually involved with Wonder Woman or in a relationship with her. I call kissing and holding hands on a date, romantically involved. They hooked up. Sure, it was only one date, but it happened.

I loved how it worked out for them in Kingdom Come, too. And I love how Frank Miller has them romantically linked in All-Star Batman & Robin and DK2 as well.

B i R D M A N
In theaters October 17th.

"Better Call Saul!"
On AMC in February.

Last edited by theMan-Bat; 02-26-2009 at 03:24 AM.
theMan-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote