View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 02:01 PM   #110
sto_vo_kor_2000
Side-Kick

Default Re: Why Does Frank Miller Hate Superman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMan-Bat View Post
Alex Ross said in Wizard, "I said he (Geoff Johns) should take the Kingdom Come Superman from that story. He's taken from the middle of the story before the end of Kingdom Come when he's still wearing the costume and everything. The thing I missed about the Justice Society that I loved when I was a kid was that they had an older Superman in the group. That was something that was really cool."
Which means that its not the same "Kingdom Come Superman" that appeared in the mini.

Quote:
A year has past. All-Star Batman & Robin isn't Miller's year two. We know it isn't taking place right after Batman: Year One because at the end of Batman: Year One (December 3) Joker threatens to poison the water supply. In his appearance in All-Star Batman & Robin, it's mentioned he tried to poison the water supply a year ago. So that means All-Star Batman & Robin is year three. We can assume Jim Gordon adopted Barbara Gordon during year two.
And I'll say again......."Thats not that long ago and it would be too soon [imo] for her to be so freely calling James and Barbra, Mom and Dad".

And so far it doesnt seem like she's adopted.granted it is something that could come out later but it wouldnt be very inconsistent.

Quote:
We seem to have different views of what "romantically involved" means. By romantically involved I'm not intending to imply John Byrne's Superman was sexually involved with Wonder Woman or in a relationship with her. I call kissing and holding hands on a date, romantically involved. They hooked up. Sure, it was only one date, but it happened.
To me "romantically involved" implies something other then 1 hook up and a date.

Anytime you add the worded "involved" into a statement it implies a greater degree of activity in the topic being spoken of.

Quote:
I loved how it worked out for them in Kingdom Come, too. And I love how Frank Miller has them romantically linked in All-Star Batman & Robin and DK2 as well.
Same here.