View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 07:47 PM   #116
C. W. Saturn
Banned User

Default Re: Why Does Frank Miller Hate Superman?

It just doesn't make sense.

I mean, the point of DKR was that he came back. More tormented, more extremer. So Year One and DKR makes somehow sense.

But YEO -> ASB -> DKR??

Seriously?

I mean if you want to see it that way, fine, but you have to close both eyes for that.

The tagline for DKR could the be "Batman returns! Nicer than ever! Age has cooled him down."

If Miller really wanted ASB to be part of his "Miller-verse" than he should've really written the characters much differently. Now there is no problem with Gordon, Dick Grayson and the Joker but Batman? And Alfred? THe guy from Year One and DKR is the one who thinks of Batman as his "little demon who has grown into manhood" or something like that?

Doesn't work.

I also got the vibe from DKR that Batman and Superman were indeed - like pre-crisis, on what DKR was based - BIG friends, it's just that their friendship broke up due to the political climate or something. I mean, would Superman really leave a message on Bruce Wayne's answering machine, knowing the backstory from ASB? On the answering machine of someone who doesn't like him and he doesn't like?

Last edited by C. W. Saturn; 09-29-2008 at 07:53 PM.
C. W. Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote