View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 03:08 PM   #137
Brem
Side-Kick

Default Re: What Happened to ... Wayne Enterprises, the Monorail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Earle View Post
The point was to make Gotham a bit distinct from reality and to garnish it up. Then they decided to use it as a stage for a fight. So robbing one of gotham's most distinctive assets because "it would be in our face" is ridiculous to say the least. Yeah, lets get rid of the iconic exterior shots of the Daily Planet. We already saw it in Superman Begins. Whats the point in The Super Knight?

Well since the stories of the two movies are 6 months apart, forgive me if i want the tone to be continuous so that it bonds them. Perhaps you want the next movie to be different too. Lets model gotham after New Orleans now. Right?
I have honestly never seen someone crying so much because one thing isn't thrown straight in your face. The problem here is this is what you want. Unfortunately, it's not about what you want. I still stand by what I said. It would have been forced, completely pointless and wouldn't fit the tone of the film.

The thing here is the monorail is there, sure for a moment, but long enough to let the audience know they haven't forgotten.

You have this idea that nothing should nor can change within six Months to a year. Anything could have happened. Gotham didn't just suddenly freeze between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

I couldn't care less what they do with the next film, actually. You're the one getting upset because the monorail is shown in the background. Not me.

Clearly you're not going to get over this, and just continue moaning until you're blue in the face.

I've made my points and expressed my views/opinions. If moaning about the monorail helps you sleep at night, then fair enough.

Brem is offline   Reply With Quote