View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 07:17 PM   #71
TheScarecrow
Side-Kick

Default Re: Anyone prefer Iron Man over Dark Knight?

Quote:
TDK also doesn't have a "story" after the part in Hong Kong, just a series of clashes with the Joker--which fits he's an "agent of chaos"--as well as some rather forgettable subplots, one of which is never resolved and the other introduced to apparently waste time.
Yikes. Did you fall asleep after the Hong Kong scene? If you don't count Harvey Dent becoming Two-Face a story, I don't know what would reach that high standard in Iron Man to be considered plot. There is development there for Bruce, but I agree it's not the focus of the movie and it's one of several peeves I have with it. But it is there. The entire movie is about him accepting that he's Batman and that he's responsible for creating all of this. At the beggining of the movie he's trying to weasle out of everything, while at the end he's willing to take responsibility for not only Batman, but also Two-Face. It's subtle, but it's there. I do wish they'd focused on it more, though.

Quote:
as well as some rather forgettable subplots, one of which is never resolved and the other introduced to apparently waste time.
Which subplots?

TheScarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote