View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 11:33 PM   #42
CrimsonMist
Side-Kick

Default Re: Jim Lee, greatness or over estimated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
The only thing that bothers me is that Lee gives Batman and Superman the exact same build. Batman is big but superman should be way buffer than batman. Besides that i absolutely love Lee's art, his characters are very dynamic and yet he doesnt push it too far like oh Joe Mad or Liefield for instance.
i disagree. Superman could have been a toothpick and he'd still be able to lift an airplane without effort. Batman needs to be bigger, simply because he's trained his body to physical perfection. Batman has to be buffer. So i don't really understand where you're coming from.

anyways, i don't think Jim Lee is that great. I mean, i like him, but a lot of his characters look the same(though i shouldn't complain. Steve Dillon's the same way and i love his work.) What really bugs me about Jim Lee's work is his colorist. He needs a new one. Everything Lee draws is always glossy and flashy. There's a big difference in mood between Lee's normal colorist, and that piece he did with Alex Ross. I'd like to see Jim Lee colored by someone else.

CrimsonMist is offline   Reply With Quote