View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 07:05 PM   #95
gap5ewl
inconspicuous since '03.

Default Re: Famke finally speaks her mind about the treatment of Phoenix in X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroman View Post
She may have been miscast as Storm but people always seem to question her acting ability (because she's so good looking?) despite her getting recognition from her peers before she even did Monster's Ball. There aren't many people who can say they've got an Oscar, Emmy, Golden Globe and SAG awards at home.

Any movie Halle Berry is in i think the majority of moviegoers will take notice just because she's in it. Having said that, i don't think it gives her the right to make demands about the size of her role when you're in a ensemble with a string of other talented actors.

After X2 Halle threatened to walk. I think she said she wanted Storm to have a more intergral part and not just stand there. This and a lot of other studio parameters are probably the reasons Phoenix's role was hurt.

Unfortunately Famke was in no position to really make demands or walk out so she just had to grin and bear it.
True. But she has said that all she wanted was some substance. She said that even if Storm would be in the film for ten minutes, she would be willing to do it as long as they were a meaningful ten minutes. So I can understand where she is coming at..Would've really hurt the Phoenix role if we had gotten a few minutes in the film where we see who Storm really is? Like her claustrophobia or her like in Kenya? These were lacking in the the films. X1 touched upon Storm a little bit though like her moment with Kelly and her accent ( would've been nice if that deleted scene with her and Rogue was left in though). X2 didn't really do much for her..the only meaningful part for her was her discussion with Nightcrawler.